Sunday, September 23, 2012

Potatos and more Potatos

I was on Facebook last week and I saw someone post Free red potato's and it gave the address.  I say hey honey want some free potatoes they are red.  So i gave him the address.  He came home with..............

3 big bags, 50 pounds of potatoes in each in 5lb bags.  So you have a total of 150 lbs.  What was I going to do with all them.  So I Google can you freeze potatoes?  It came up with tons of way to freeze.  So Randy and I went through all of them and took out all the bad ones.  So about a 5 lb bag is all we trashed.  And we got busy with boil, Mash, and put in bags to freeze.  I made them like Swans sales Garlic Mash potatoes. 

 BOILED
 MASHED
There was tons more
FREEZE

So 150lbs-5lbs=145lbs and gave away 10(50lbs) bags to friends= 95lbs left that we stored.  And here is another way to look at it we buy the garlic mashed from the Swans truck sometimes and here is what we came up with it is a 2.5 lbs in a bag for $7.17
2.5/95=38
38x8.00=$304.00
Look what we saved it was worth the time





No comments:

Post a Comment