Monday, February 7, 2011

Working on life modifacations

We had a opportunity to take a class that Randy's parent already took.  It was the Dave Ramsey Financial Peace  University.  We learned several life altering lessons.  For one we learn how not to be normal.  Because normal is BROKE.  We learned about saving money, how to pay off debt and get a 911 fund set aside.  To learn more find  a class near you, It is worth it!


What jumped out at me during this is some flash back of what I have wanted  to do help children.  I thought I was going down the foster parenting path, but in this class the questions was asked what do you want to do when you have paid off your debt?  One of the answers was ADOPTION.    We pondered about it and Randy was so gaga gaga over little babies in our church.  And then we found out that my sons teacher is going to China to bring home her baby girl.  My thought was American normal people can adopt.

One night Randy and I were up talking about maybe adopting.  I didn't think that we would be able to, so I was up all night with prayer to show me answers to the question that I had.  I found them and then I talked to Randy with what i found.  He called Holt for a few more answers.  So we have to be married for 5 years and have a little more income.  With prayers this is what was found that I will have my surgery and get some training to go back to work.  A little scary for me because i have not worked outside of the home for 10 years Yikes!  Randy is trying to get a better job.  And lots more plans going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment