Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Happy Birthday

Happy Birthday Daylon Isaac.

I remember ten years ago I was fixing dinner in my apartment.  Pork chops and mash potatoes.  I was in the kitchen and I felt a big gush.  I was like crap I cant have had my water break.  So I go upstairs to the restroom.  And what I saw I knew it was not good.  I go to a friend just 2 apartment down from mine and asked her if she could watch the 2 boys.  She saw the panic in my face and voice she asked what was wrong. I told her um I have blood.  She had her husband come help with the kids and she drove me to the hospital. My OB doctor meet me at the hospital. I needed to be on bed rest no getting up to use the RR or anything. The next day I felt the same thing.  I pushed the call button the nurse came in I said um something not right she looked and ran out of the room.  Here comes my OB and 6 other nurses.  Alarms going off like crazy.  Doctor says Brenda we got to get you into the OR.  We got to get the baby out.  I'm like okay i need to call my mom.  I tried to reach her but I was in panic mode and dialed the wrong number.  They were wheeling me out of that room with me still hanging on to the phone.  I kept on saying I need to call my mom.  As the phone getting ripped of the wall.  One of the many nurses said Brenda I will call her.  I gave her the number hoping she will be there before the baby came.
Here he is!


 Daylon was not doing well so they called for a helicopter to come get him so he could be moved to another hospital.  My mom called our pastor and had him come baptize him and give him last rights.  They were not sure he was going to make it.  This photo above is how I got to see my son for the first time.  I was not in the best shape after either.  So for a week he was in another town and I was still in were I gave birth to him.  I was not able to leave the hospital for a week.  And as I look back I should of stayed longer.  But I wanted to get to my son.  I would call the hospital for updates.  Still was not looking good.  So for the next 6 mouths yes 6 mouths.  I would be in Lincoln Ne for one whole week with him.  And then I would be home for a week.  It was hard to be separated from the 2 older boys when with Daylon.  Then it was hard when I was with the older ones that I was not with Daylon.
First time I got to hold my son it was in late Oct.




Nurses at Lincoln NICU they hold a special place in my heart.

It was a long road to get were we are today.  I'm so blessed to have Daylon

Here he is today!




You can look at him today and never know he is a special needs child and that he had a hard start.  Daylons choice of meal was a new one.  http://www.crockingirls.com/recipes/taquito-enchilada-casserole/  And i made a back up also.  Just in case it was not good and plus to feed everyone.  http://www.crockingirls.com/recipes/kaylas-enchilada-casserole/   I have made this one before so i know it was GOOD.  The new one that I made tasted so good. I made a few changes used cream of chicken soap and added some onion powder and chili powder.  And I bought a cake and made a crock pot cake also.  http://www.crockingirls.com/recipes/slow-cookin-smores-cake/  On the cake it said 3 hours well in my crock pot it must cook hotter so I need to cook less next time.


                           Happy 10th Birthday Daylon!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment