Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Christmas

Christmas Day we have done things a little different every year.  This year we read The Story of Christmas and the boys got 3 gifts from us.  Based on the 3 gift the wise men brought.  The gold gift did not come so I had to compromise a little so they got a few more than 3.  I got this idea from a ladys blog that I follow you can visit her here.  Santa and his helper stay up tell wee in the morning doing the things around the house.  So instead of them going to sleep afterwards the wake the kids.  Telling them Santa came this Christmas it was 3 am.  They open there gifts and then we go to bed the kids stay up and play with there gifts and crash when they cant stay awake anymore.  It has worked out for the most part. 


 When you open the book it has little books that are numbered.  I handed them out and each of us read them out load.
Conner just need a little help with a few words.

The First Gift was myrrh ( something practical something they can use)


 Clothing can always be used.

The second gift is frankincense (something we all can enjoy together as a family)

Movies with some popcorn. We love watching movies together.

The last gift is Gold (something they really wanted)


Patrick got a pair of shoes green shoes that he just loved and the other boys got characters to go to the wii for there Sky-lander game.  And the boys had a few more gifts to open.  Then I made Christmas Breakfast.  Randy and I decided on not getting gifts for each other.(we did get one gift  from the boys)  We sponsored two little girls in China for Christmas this year instead. You can visit there blog here.

This is Lydia and her Chunky Sock Monkey I made just for her.  She is also wearing the bow I sent also sent a outfit.

This is Lena you can see the Chunky Sock Monkey legs they are pink with hearts.  You can take a look at the other children here.  
Most of the children at New Day are needing forever homes.

You can find the recipe here.  
Then it was time for Randy and I to lay down and get a few hours of sleep before the rest of the family came over.  As always I do Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner.  So I wanted something simple and I wastnt going to fund the whole holiday Dinner so I made a list of things that each family needed to bring so I could cook it.  Okay so the crack pot could.  This year Dinner was Mexican Style.

 

 Taquito Enchilada Casserole

Spanish rice

drinks

Chips and salsa

ref beans and rotel dip
 This one is Grinch


And here are some photos of Family

 My sister Melissa and her husband Graig and Bella there daughter.

 Randy's Mom and dad
 Uncle Julian
 Step dad Jim
My Mom Betty

And then us.  After we opened gifts from the family then there was homemade hot chocolate and more sweets.  I also gave gift baskets of the goodies I made to friends.






You can find most of the recipes on my blog 12 days of Christmas Cookies.  
This year was so different form the years before.  It was easier, not so stressed.  I hope you have enjoyed you Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment